Aim of Anti-Ragging Committee
To root out ragging in all its forms from institution by prohibiting it by law, preventing its occurrence by following the provisions of these Regulations and punishing those who indulge in ragging as provided for in these Regulations and the appropriate law in force.
Objectives of Anti-Ragging Committee
Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee on matters of Planning Action for Building and Preserving a Culture of Ragging Free Environment in the institute Campus. The Anti-Ragging committee will work to engage in the works of checking places like Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation, for any incidences of Ragging, and shall educate the students at large in the campus about Menace of Ragging and related Punishment Provisions. Anti-Ragging Committee will be involved in designing strategies and action plan for curbing the Menace of Ragging in the institutions by adopting array of activities.
Powers and Functions of Anti-ragging Committee
- To uphold and comply with the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and be vigilant on any acts amounting to ragging.
- To publicize to all students and prevalent directives and the actions that can be taken against those indulging in ragging.
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct enquiry and submit report to the Anti- Ragging Committee along with punishment recommended for the offenders.
- Oversee the procedure of obtaining undertaking from the students in accordance with the provisions.
- To provide students the information pertaining to contact address and telephone numbers of the person(s) identified to receive complaints/distress calls.
- To offer services of counseling and create awareness to the students.
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus/ Hostels.
In Accordance with All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi vide its Notification no. 37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 dated 25-03-2009has taken a very serious view of ragging incidences in educational institutions and on Directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India vide its Order dated 16.5.2007, the Institute hereby constitutes the Anti- ragging committee as per details given below:-
Anti - Ragging Committee
- Mr. S. B. Kapure (Coordinator: Engg Science)
- Dr. M. B. Wagh (Member: Computer)
- Dr. S. S. Deshmukh (Member: Civil)
- Dr. K. B. Gavali (Member: Mechanical)
- Dr. H. G. Haloli (Member: Engg. Sci.)
- Dr. A. A. Bhusari (Member: MCA)
- Ms. D. D. Kulkarni (Member: E&TC)
- Ms. P. R. Patil (Member: IT)